PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT
OAD is currently seeking a Product Development Assistant to join its team based in New York City!
- Plan and Manage Product Development Calendar / Production Calendar
- Assist in in sending request and managing follow up by factory
- Create, update, and analyze Sampling WIP. Once updated, elevate and present all outstanding issues to Design to maintain seasonal calendar deadlines and develop quality product that meets design and business objectives
- Create and maintain development color card by working with Design to understand material development and key components necessary to build product
- Communicate product details to factory to support accurate costing line sheet and Merchandising assortment plan
- Work in tandem with design to understand, execute, and communicate trend, product specifications, and details
- Translate all specs, corrections and comments from Design team to the factory. Good communication is a key in this position.
- Collaborate with Design, and Sales on execution of product as defined by Line Plan/ Design Briefs
- Assist Designers ordering showroom samples for market and capsule presentations
- Daily communications with overseas manufacturers, overseas vendors, and internal cross-functional partners
- Attend required meetings and provide updates/ advice to all partners’ on development needs and status
- Assist Design + Operations team in overseeing all time-and-action calendars
- Assist Design manager on projects as needed
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree
- MUST be must be fluent in English + Korean (speaking+writing+reading) - the factory is based in Seoul, Korea and this position will need to be able to communicate directly with the factory in Korean.
- Self-starter with ability to function independently as well as in a team based environment
- Team player with excellent written & communication skills and necessary follow through
- Great attention to details and deadlines with exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to think creatively with a proven ability to problem solving
- Must be able to perform efficiently in a high pressure, fast paced environment
**This is a part-time position (freelancer) that can lead to full-time position.
***Interested candidates, please send a resume and brief cover letter via email to email@example.com